What is OHSAS 18001?
The OHSAS 18001 Certification Scheme is an OH&S standard. It is designed to enable organizations to control risks and improve performance in the area of OH&S.
OHSAS 18001 places a proactive and preventative emphasis on risk-control factors by identifying and assessing the likelihood and severity of hazards in the workplace.
Certification to the requirements of OHSAS 18001 enables organizations to manage risks in the context of health and safety at work and improve performance.
Why is OHSAS 18001 important?
OHSAS 18001 is an essential management system for your business, along with quality, environment and other management systems. It will help your company reduce direct and indirect costs while preventing injuries in the workplace. By conforming to OHSAS 18001, your company safeguards its stakeholders – employees, suppliers and customers – from risk. Third-party certification will credibly demonstrate your organization’s implementation of a comprehensive system for ensuring health and safety in the workplace.
- Save money - by reducing the direct and indirect costs from accidents, disease and other factors.
- Boost productivity - through the reduction of downtime caused by sickness or injury to your workers.
- Minimise risk - to the human resources of your organisation across all the work environments in your business.
- Gain a competitive edge - by demonstrating the OH&S compliance of your organisation to all stakeholders with a trusted third-party certification partner.
- Improve transparency - with a clearer understanding of the safety processes in your organisation.
Why choose TMS?
TMS as a TÜV SÜD partner gives the possibility of certification of your management system according to the requirements of OHSAS 18001 by the certification body TÜV SÜD , under German DAkks accreditation.
TÜV SÜD is a global leader in management systems solutions, having issued more than 54,000 management systems certifications to date. Our dedicated and experienced auditors across the globe can speak your language and help you explore the possibility of integrating your quality management system with other management systems.
You can also select your system certification by the TMS certification body, under domestic ATS accreditation.