The FSSC 22000 Food Safety Management System provides a framework for effectively managing your food safety and quality responsibilities. FSSC 22000 is fully recognized by the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) and is based on existing ISO Standards. It demonstrates a company has a robust and effective food safety management system (FSMS) in place to meet the requirements of regulators, food business clients and consumers.
Since its foundation, FSSC 22000 has positioned itself as a leading global certification scheme. Developed in response to the needs of the international food sector, FSSC 22000 provides an independent ISO-based food safety management scheme for third party auditing and certification of their FSMS. FSSC 22000 is fully based on the international, independent standards: ISO 22000, ISO 22003 with sector specific technical specifications for Prerequisite Programs (PRPs) and additional scheme requirements.
FSSC 22000 is designed to help organizations establish and continuously improve management systems and good manufacturing practices. FSSC 22000 is the globally leading Food Safety Management System Certification Scheme because it:
- fully incorporates existing ISO Standards, sector
- specific technical specifications for PRPs, HACCP, regulatory requirements and the Codex HACCP Principles.
- is fully recognized by the Global Food Safety Initiative.
- allows the integration of food safety and food
- quality management with other management systems such as environmental management, sustainability and health and safety.
- is governed by a non-profit Foundation and managed by
- an independent Board of Stakeholders.
- increases transparency throughout the food supply chain.
- allows small and/or less developed organizations to implement a robust FSMS that is accepted worldwide.